Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Going Green...Been Green...Saving Green !!!


"Prosper ! Reproduce ! Fill Earth ! Take Charge ! Be responsible..." Genesis 1 The Message

As a teenager and then young adult of the 70's, I have been intrigued with the current trend to "go green." While I have not yet hugged a tree, I can't bring myself to throw away an aluminum can or trash my compost scraps!!
In the early years of my marriage I was very green ( in more ways than one !!) ; I never bought paper napkins or paper towel. I must admit though, I was busy trying to stretch my green, not save the planet.
I've been thinking about the green practices I have. They include:
  • hanging my clothes on the clothesline
  • saving aluminum cans
  • composting my kitchen scraps
  • recycling my used printer ink cartridges
  • drinking water from my faucet
  • rarely using paper plates or plastic cups

I'm open to some new ideas...so pass them on...I especially like the ones that save my green !!!

2 comments:

Major Allen Espy said...

take grocery bags to the supermarket, buy local and think global, keep air in your tires, ask your spouse for a massage, work with the city and citizens to make recycling easier, take creative staycations rather vacations......my two cents

Allen

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

You're off to a great start. I agree with all the tips from Allen. I would also add making sure your detergents contain no phosphates, clean as much as you can with vinegar and baking soda and use recycled toilet paper.