"Prosper ! Reproduce ! Fill Earth ! Take Charge ! Be responsible..." Genesis 1 The Message
As a teenager and then young adult of the 70's, I have been intrigued with the current trend to "go green." While I have not yet hugged a tree, I can't bring myself to throw away an aluminum can or trash my compost scraps!!
In the early years of my marriage I was very green ( in more ways than one !!) ; I never bought paper napkins or paper towel. I must admit though, I was busy trying to stretch my green, not save the planet.
I've been thinking about the green practices I have. They include:
- hanging my clothes on the clothesline
- saving aluminum cans
- composting my kitchen scraps
- recycling my used printer ink cartridges
- drinking water from my faucet
- rarely using paper plates or plastic cups
I'm open to some new ideas...so pass them on...I especially like the ones that save my green !!!