Well, lately I have been pundering myself...this is what happens when you spend alot of time driving, cleaning, and working in the yard !!
I have been thinking about the lack of balance in our nation and in my own personal life.
Looking at the big picture:
Why is it....
- we provide financial bailouts and stimulus checks when we are running a budget in such a large deficit ?? I am unable to do this at home...when the money runs out here..the party is over !!
- I am giddy when I see gas at $2.59 per gallon !! I know we are being jerked around !!
In contrast...looking at the very small picture (that would be me):Why is it...
- I have allowed too much clutter and excess in my life ? I think what pushed me over the edge was a simple $4.00 bottle of nailpolish. I bought the same bottle twice..same color...because I couldn't find the one I had, as it had become lost in the clutter..then it turned up and had never been opened.
- I keep gaining and losing the same 10 ( or is it 20) pounds over and over and over and over...I know what to do...I have have taught the weight rules...limit your food and increase your activity..it truly is just that simple but why is it so hard ?
- I eat too much, spend too much, own too much, waste too much time and sleep too little...I am over 50 and I know better
- Procrastination rules my life...it is so much easier to handle life as it comes at me, yet I let it pile up and cause me stress
I don't know the answers to the "why is its ?" of the nation or of my personal life...
But I can't help but wonder and punder if the answer to the big picture and the small lies in a verse we are being reminded to pray :
2 Chronicles 7:14 " if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land"
As I have investigated the word humble, both Psalm 35:13 where David "...humbled myself with fasting" and Ezra 8:21"...I proclaimed a fast that we might humble ourselves before God" impress on me that maybe it is time to humble myself before God and allow Him to work in me.. maybe it's time for a fast from the excesses in my own life...