Sunday, October 5, 2008

Philippians 2:4

Each of you should not look only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Philipians 2:4
When my daughter Erin went to work with Covenant Hospice...I guess we signed on as a package deal since we ( her family and friends) have come along to volunteer for fund raising events!!!
Actually Erin's job has raised my awareness of the different forms of hospice care as well as the different hospice groups. Covenant raises monies to provide care for those in need. In the spring, Sidney and I helped with the Boston Butt Sale fundraiser. There, I met Victoria. She has become my Thursday morning walking partner as well a a sounding board for politics of the day and good recipes !!
This past weekend, Anita, me, Victoria, and Pat, worked at the Holiday of Hope Marketplace (Sandy and Yevonne worked also on another shift )...Covenant's fall fundraiser. To say these are my friends does not do our relationships justice; they are truly my sisters in Christ ( ah..but more on these and the other Coffee Girls in another post)
Thanks Erin...for the opportunity to serve...

No comments: