I have some very vivid memories of that night. I remember...
- Sidney was on the phone with his mother when he heard the rumblings; he threw the phone (still connected) to the floor and rushed us to the hallway
- My sister, Nancy and her girls were at Daddy and Mama's..seeking a safe place from a threatening hurricane. They were supposed to eat supper with us that night and I thank God they didn't come
- Finding a log chain that the wind had blown through a window and into the chair where Sidney would normally have been sitting watching the evening news
- The quick response and tremendous help of the Newville and Echo volunteer fire departments, family and friends.
We were all at home that night, in the house, just not in our typical "hanging out" spots. I know that God's hand was on each of us, protecting us from physical harm and granting us the grace to view the situation from His perspective.
- A house is just that...a home is people
- Things are just things...all replaceable...many unnecessary
- It is God's gift to accept help from His peole
- It is our mission to help others
- God can truly take an overwhelming situation and use it for good